BSTARTUP HEALTH 6TH OPEN CALL
Banco Sabadell invests in startups with a philosophy focused on supporting entrepreneurs.
For the sixth consecutive year, we are launching a call for applications for specific investment in health sector startups. Now more than ever, the importance of science and research cannot be overstated. That is why we are launching a new programme to support health projects at the pre-seed and seed funding stages, where investment is mainly aimed at validating the technology/research and the business itself. Up to three projects will be selected from among those presented by applicants throughout Spain.
€100,000 in exchange for an equity stake
Drive initiatives for assessing projects
A support programme
Mentoring by one of the prestigious members of the BStartup Health scientific and technical committee
Projects in the Health sphere: Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Therapeutics & Drugs, e-Health
- Investment €100,000 in exchange for an equity stake.
- A support programme: BStartup Health will offer the selected startups mentoring by one of the prestigious members of the BStartup Health scientific and technical committee. The mentoring will consist of business advice at a strategic level, definition of the roadmap, advice in fundraising strategy, and more. The selected startups will also have access to some of the most relevant investors for their particular stage of development and activity, and will receive support from the BStartup team on getting ready for an investment round and preparation of the documents needed (business plan, investor’s deck, one page summary, etc).
Projects in the Health sphere: Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Therapeutics & Drugs, e-Health.
Projects in the pre-seed, seed or early-stage can be presented, along with teams with innovate projects.
The program consists of jump-starting project evaluation initiatives (patentability studies, concept testing, prototypes, business plans…) for the purpose of reaching a stage of maturity, along with optimum desirable guarantees for subsequent investment rounds with sectorial risk capital (first VC rounds). In the EHealth sector the existence of a product/service that is already on the market, having logged initial sales, will be positively viewed.
- Teams: Projects led by entrepreneurs, highly committed to the project, with overall ambition, experience in the sector and the vocation to set up teams.
- Spanish companies, already founded, or in the process of being founded, with an international vision.
- A proposal with a differential and innovative value in terms of the product or business model, that meets a market need.
- Addressed to an overall, broad-based and growing market.
- Founding Partner at Asabys Partners
- Previously Strategy & Development Director at Kern Pharma
- CEO end Advancell and VP at CataloniaBIO & Healthtech
- PhD from Universidad de Barcelona
- Chairman of the Board of Directors at Almirall
- Founder en CG Health Partners
- CEO and Founder at Artax Biopharma
- General Partner in Columbus Venture Partner
- Professor at the IE Business School
- PhD from The University of Bonn
- Partner in Alta Life Sciences
- Previously CEO of The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST), Parc Científic de Barcelona and Biocat
- PhD from Universidad de Barcelona, GMP IESE
These are the selected startups in the previous calls
Ask for information
We will contact you as soon as possible.